Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Thursday, August 14, 2008

How Can This Be?!?!?

How can my little baby, Carter, be old enough to be going to PRESCHOOL??? He just turned three and was BEYOND excited about this new part of his life. Although, I don't think the disappointment of not being able to ride a school bus has passed quite yet.
Overall, he is LOVING school and his teacher is so adorable. He comes home nice and tired, too. I was a little worried because it randomly happened that most of the other kids in his class are 4 and everyone is starting their second year of preschool. But his teacher called me yesterday to tell me how great he was doing. (I know, I am just a bragging mom now. Let me have my moment please.) She said that he even wrote the "r" in Carter all by himself. I, of course, was beyond proud and smothered him in kisses.
So, three days a week I drop my little munchkin off at preschool with his Diego "packpack" and a snack. I can't believe this is only the beginning of 20 more years of school with only small summers and a mission to break it up.






15 comments:

Courtney said...

He looks SOOO CUTE and grown up?!?!? What the heck!!! WOW!! I'm glad he is enjoying it!

Jessica said...

Exciting!!!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

OH MY GOSH he is so cute. I love the flip flops. True Arizona boy. Can we arrange a marriage right now for him and savannah?? I'm all about arranged marriages. Worked for Matt and I!!

Missy said...

Ohhh...he is so dang cute...I LOVE IT! It's seriously such an exciting time when they start school...and are so happy going! I love Carter.

Laura Blue said...

that's so exciting and so neat that he's so excited to go. just wait a few years and it might not be the same story. he sure does look ready though, are you?

katie said...

SOO exciting for both you and Carter!!! You can tell he thinks he is SO big-adorable!

Nicole said...

I can't believe Carter is already in preschool! He's so adorable!

Smith Family said...

So cute! I loved these pictures! Which preschool are you taking him to?

Natalie said...

Is it okay that I am almost in tears! How can Carter be old enough to go to preschool?! I feel like I'm missing out on it. Dang AR! JK. He looks so big and of course cute as ever.

Johnson said...

He is the cutest boy ever. They grow up so fast. I also love your Maui pictures. They make me want to go back real bad. It looks like you guys had a blast.

Anonymous said...

YIKES! Im glad I have another year...im not ready for that yet!

Anonymous said...

YIKES! Im glad I have another year...im not ready for that yet!

Laura Blue said...

If you're talking about Annie the photographer, I just found her through your website and loved what I saw. So I added her to mine to share with others what I like. I have a cousin Annie Lewis, but I doubt that's who you were talking about.

Jocelyn said...

Jen... he is SO cute! I can't take it. You take fabulous pictures, but the fact that your kids are so stinking cute kinda makes it an unfair advantage. :)

bethany said...

I totally have an infant tutu hanging in the closet....but it's pink. I'm thinking I may make a different one with different colors-any suggestions?