Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize the little things were the big things. ~Robert Brault

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays

This Monday (and Tuesday) it POURED here in AZ. That is seriously so much fun for the Zonies because we never get rain. At least not often enough. As soon as Carter got home from preschool he wanted to get out his nifty Bob the Builder "simbrella" that Grammie got him and play in the rain. It was so darling. After a little bit, Jenna from across the street came out with her boys to play in the rain. We headed behind my house where there was a pool of water about 1 1/2 feet deep. It wasn't exactly sanitary but that's ok. :) The Brooke boys found a few frogs they were playing with while running around in the water. Carter went right along with them. (It made me really wish he had an older brother. At least he gets to BE an older brother.) We spent the next hour playing in the (muggy) 73 degree weather in the "pool" and with the frogs (who took quite a beating). Princess Addilyn even allowed me to put her on the ground. (I know, I'm shocked too!)

Pre Brooke Boys:



Post Brooke Boys:

Addilyn and Chloe playing.

Princess Addilyn checking out the frog. Could he be Prince Charming? She decided no, and then smacked him on the head. Poor thing!

Hunter Brooke and his froggy friend.


This was really the closest Carter would get to them. They scared him every time they jumped out of the Brooke boys' hands. Quick side note about the Brooke boys: they are THE CUTEST boys in the ENTIRE world. Their parents have done SUCH an amazing job with them. I hope Carter can be just like them. If you met their parents you would completely get it. Their parents are so awesome. I am already planning a way that we can end up as in-laws. I'm not kidding. Really. I'm not. Honestly. Not kidding. I L-O-V-E those 4 boys. (I also love their baby girl Chloe who Addi will someday be great friends with. Although Addi will have to drop the princess act because with 4 older brothers, Chloe is DEFINITELY not a princess!!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such cute pictures! I love all of your updates on the kiddos. The rain pictures were priceless. :)

Jocelyn said...

Jen... I love all of your pictures. It looks like you had a great time at the baseball game. I especially like the rainy day pictures, they are great.

About sharing names... I'm totally going to share, once I figure out what they'll be named! It's driving me crazy that we haven't decided yet. Ben thinks we have (but he's wrong). The problem is that I have a list of about 15-20 names and he doesn't like any of them. It would be so much easier for me if they were girls... my list of girl names I'm much more in love with than my list of boy names. :)